Note on recommendations: Please let your recommenders know whether you have waived your right to view the recommendations should you enroll. Applicants should seek out recommenders who can address their academic qualifications and professional, 个人, 以及宗教特征.
You can inquire at any time during the year about admission to the H. L. 米勒合唱学校 and College of Jewish Music of The Jewish Theological Seminary. Please contact our 招生 Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 678-8818.
Prospective students have preliminary discussions with our director of admissions and the program director. We are happy to arrange campus visits, which include classes, daily 米尼安人, and 个人 meetings with students and faculty. After visiting the school, a candidate may be encouraged to submit a formal application.
在开始申请之前, we encourage you to have a preliminary discussion with the admissions office. 你可以通过 email@example.com or (212) 678-8818.
- 完成 在线申请
- Official transcripts from all postsecondary studies
- Three recommendation letters, at least one of which should be academic
- Videos of three vocal selections (an art song, 一个礼拜仪式的作品, and one piece of your choosing) that demonstrate your vocal capabilities
- 完成 Hebrew and music theory placement exams (provided by the Office of 招生)
Important Update for Fall 2023 招生
We recognize that the COVID-19 pandemic continues to cause ongoing standardized testing disruptions. GRE考试/MAT or other graduate-level testing results are requested, 但是如果没有的话, an alternative metric may be offered by the director of 招生. This shift in our testing policy allows applicants to prepare their application without fear of being disadvantaged in the process. Students who are unable or choose not to submit scores will not be penalized as applicants for fall 2023. Please note that current policies around “waiving” test scores are still in-place for fall 2023 admission.
如果您已完成测试, we encourage submission of your scores as this information can be a valuable addition in our review. JTS has always practiced a holistic, individualized approach to reviewing our applicants and selecting individuals who are the best fit for our unique graduate programs. Consideration of an applicant includes many factors beyond test scores; we are confident our applicants will continue to demonstrate those qualities to us through their applications again this year.
- All applicants must submit official scores on the general test of the GRE考试 (JTS GRE考试代码是2339)或 米勒类比测验(MAT). Please note the above update to JTS’s testing policy.
- 官方分数 Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) 或者是 多邻国英语测试 for applicants whose native language is other than English and who have not been educated at a college where English is the language of instruction. These test scores are valid for two years from the date taken.
Testing may be waived for one of the following reasons and is at the discretion of the admissions director or dean:
- Applicant is a graduate of 大学列表 at JTS with a GPA of 3.0或更高.
- Applicant holds a relevant graduate degree from an accredited university and can provide an official transcript that indicates successful completion of all required course work.
- Applicant has completed non-degree courses at JTS with a GPA of 3.3或以上.
Applications f或者是 fall 2023 admission are due January 20, 2023. 联络我们: firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 678-8818 to initiate a conversation.
Please note that the application for need-based financial aid is separate from the application for admission. 了解更多.
The final step in the application process occurs when the candidate is invited to meet with the 招生 Committee. Interviews are generally scheduled at JTS from February through April. The candidate presents two pieces in audition, one liturgical and one secular. The 招生 Committee then conducts an interview with the candidate.